[Aphra_behn_society] Call for Submissions: Aphra Behn Online

Robin M. Runia robin.runia at angelo.edu
Fri Oct 21 07:50:10 CDT 2011

Call for Submissions

The editors of Aphra Behn Online: Interactive Journal for Women in the Arts 1640-1830 invite submissions for the second volume of this online annual to be published in March 2012. Submissions will be considered in four categories: scholarly articles, articles on pedagogy, book reviews, and essays on new media/women on the web. In all areas, work should be related to women in the arts between 1640-1830, including literature, visual arts, music, performance art, film criticism, and production arts. While Aphra Behn is our guiding figure, the journal encourages submissions on all women in the arts from all areas of the globe during this era.

Our second volume will feature essays on the question of open access. Issues of accessibility have come to the fore with the advancement of technology in the past two decades, issues that resonate widely across all fields and periods. Essays might consider various types of access (physical, gendered, racial, able-bodied, or class-based), various points of access (to power, to audiences, to voices, to technologies), or the implications of such access (what does it mean for a woman's body to be accessible? for women's writing?). How do we make the eighteenth century accessible to today's students in today's classrooms, in today's world? How do we make eighteenth-century women accessible?
See http://www.aphrabehn.org/aphraonline/ for general submission guidelines as well as specific guidelines for each journal section.

DEADLINE:  October 31, 2011

Editor:                                Laura Runge (University of South Florida)

Section Editors:           Kirsten Saxton, Scholarly Editor  (Mills College)
                                                Laura Runge, Pedagogy Editor (University of South Florida)
                                                Anne Greenfield, New Media / Women on the Web Editor

(Valdosta State University)
Robin Runia, Book Review Editor (Angelo State University)
Debbie Welham, Notes and Discoveries Editor (University of Winchester)

Managing Editors:      Jennifer Golightly (University of Denver)

                Aleksondra Hultquist (University of Melbourne)

Dr. Robin Runia
Assistant Professor of English
Department of English and Modern Languages
Angelo State University
Member, Texas Tech University System
ASU Station #10894
San Angelo, TX 76909-0894